Spuffy & Cangel Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Spuffy & Cangel Forum

Pour tous les fans du couple Buffy/Spike (mais aussi Cordy/Angel), ainsi que tous les fans de BTVS et ATS, ce forum est fait pour vous.

AccueilAccueil  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015

2 participants
AuteurMessage
benesmg
Seeing you
Seeing you
benesmg

Féminin

Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015 Empty
MessageSujet: Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015   Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015 Icon_minitimeJeu 12 Nov - 9:28

Une récit écrit des deux Q&A par une personne qui y était.
J'ai sélectionné un passage que j'ai mis en gras qui plaira à tous les spuffiste

Par contre je ne comprends l'allusion à une fille? Pour moi James n'a qu'un fils, Sullivan alors soit je me trompe soit la personne qui écrit à confondu: elle semble être présenté pour une amie qui est là fan plus qu'elle...

Citation :
James Marsters at the Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015
Well things didn't totally go to plan when it came to my mate asking the right questions. In the end James only did two half hour slots, one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. My friend did the Saturday but in the end didn't do the Sunday, so much of what I emailed him didn't get asked sadly. Sad

James was on top form though and my friend was really taken by him. Ah, I know that feeling. :D

My friend did say to wee Jimmy do you remember the women who made that Spike puppet for you, because she sends her best wishes as she couldn't be here. James seemed a bit vague about me (lets face it no surprise there), but said he still had the puppet and said he still loves it. Aww bless. My friend said that Sue would have loved to have been there but couldn't due to ill health (and no bloody money of course. :D) so daft old Jimmy gave my mate a small prezzie to pass onto me. It was one of those Captain Jack (yes, Jack, not John (*snerk*) 5 inch Torchwood figure which he'd signed for me. Aww, bless him. One less thing for him to drag home I suspect. :D

Below is a loose transcript made by my friend of what went on...

Question: He was asked about his English accent.

“Monty Python!” He did a bit of the Parrot sketch.

Comments about about his recent joining in with social media scene (Twitter).

“Why? it just seemed like it was crazy not to.”

“How long before I just loose all my fans and offend everybody?”

“Hopefully I’ll be just offensive enough to be interesting, but not so much as to lose everybody who loves me now.”

“The only problem you can have is if you take yourself seriously. If you think just because you have a lot of followers your opinion matters more than other people’s then you’re screwed. So I’m trying to keep that in mind.”

Question: Fave Buffy ep – “the musical. We thought the show was being ruined at the time. We thought Joss had gone insane. He gave us a cassette tape. As a singer, Joss is a wonderful script writer. We were sure it was going to fail. We tried hard.”

Question: Long turnaround on that ep?

“No, Joss broke all the rules. Double units, secret units. Filmed more than double on that one.“

Question: How did the job affect your future?

“You want the truth? The truth is Joss didn’t direct me very much. Whenever he directs I’m not in it very much. Joss says Evil is not cool. It’s pathetic. Ugly when we bite. Wants that to be horrific. Greenwald thought of Angel. He said you get one, that’s all we’re doing.

Spike was to be get killed off. I was just Angel fodder. I wasn’t supposed to be a romantic character. Whedon's a fabulous boss, but a horrible employee. Frustrating for the bosses of course.”

Question: My mate Sue asked - about the punky clothers, did that seal your popularity? (I had meant the punk Spike look in Fool for love actually, but my mate got confused)

“Joss picked the coat up personally. A lot of glam rock stuff. Nope, glam, nope glam, then the coat came, and he went that’s it. The coat and the hair, man. “

Question: Any horror stories?

“Times I made an idiot out of myself? Stunts. I liked to brag that I never hurt anybody.

Describes his abilities as fighter in various shots in the show. If I'm seen/framed top only I can look bad ass: “Black belt,” Middle shot: “green belt,” - Long shot: “bullshit.” :D

If it’s flying around, double kicks, then it’s not me. One day shooting on a small parking lot, raining cats and dogs. Very slippery. I had a long time off between scene and stunt. They were supposed to wake me up with time to warm up. They forgot. I was supposed to pretend to kick the stunt man in the balls. I slipped, kicked him right in there. I yelled “CUT - I just hurt somebody really bad!” Later down the line he met up with the stunt bloke again and he'd remembered. “Ah – they guy who kicked me in the balls!”

Question: Who was the best kisser out of SMG and Barrowman?

“Real answer? I don’t know. Kiss on screen is technical. Highly constructed. More false it is. Sexy kiss is a monster – try to look good, camera over shoulder – they call it an “over” - your main job is not corrupt light on other person’s face. Really kiss someone like you mean it. I don’t know what it’s like to really kiss either one of them, but one lesson for guys is to shave, man! John’s a manly man – stubble.”

Question: about Abrupto (sp?)

“Movie is in production now. I read the script. Disgusting. Horrible. People drugged and have an explosive put in their spines at night. They then receive call saying you have to kill someone or else.

Likened it to Jacob’s ladder. Horrible, but then resolves. It's now being made using puppets. My characters is feeding bodies into meat grinders.

Question: I've seen the dailies for episode Smashed (Where you and Buffy take down a house) “Nice costume,” she says.
“You can see the sock. You get a rack in your trailer - only thing on rack is one sock. When you wake up in the morning and have to shave your nipples......”

“Dailies to the Buffy/Spike sex scene and the horrible truth behind that fight scene. Spike jumps up on chandelier. Gag meant chandelier couldn’t move much, so they built a massively heavy chandelier. Stunt co-ordinator wouldn’t let him do it, It landed on the guys head, took him to hospital. After shooting he visited him in the hospital and asked how he felt.

“Ha ha! I’m feeling nothing, I got drugs...”

What do your kids think about Dad as sex symbol?

“Oh they are *real* cool with it.” (laughs)

“My kids don’t watch what I do. My daughter has a lot of friends who have a crush on me and she spends a lot of time trying to convince them that I’m not hot any more!” She always brings them the family photos that look horrible.

See? He’s not like that any more now. He’s like a DAD!”

Someone yells: “The Dad bod is in!”

He prefers the Ghost to the Robot’s music to his own. No CDs with him this trip.

Question: Asked about living in New York in early 80s.

“I was almost as poor as I’ve ever been. No money. $90 a month.

I was kind of starving the whole time. I didn’t see any music. It cost money! Problem with NY winter is it's brutal. So sat in Met Museum of Art. You could give ‘em a quarter as a donation and they'd just let you in,gave you the pin and you could stay there to get out of the cold. Once went into Rembrandt room for three hours. Dante’s gates of hell. Security guards ask “can I help you sir?”

CBGBs going strong (the famous club). I couldn’t afford any of it.”

Question: Only quick ones, 2 mins left...

Question from girl in the audience. She wants him to sing with her. The coda from “Once More With Feeling.” He sadly declined saying he couldn't remember most of it these days and then added “Sorry I broke your heart.”

Question: Person at back. It's a long rambling one... (buzz of interference}

(James) “It’s a fucking Cylon back there.”

After the questioner has finally finished.

MC to James "Can you answer in 12 words or less? (laughs)

“My experience was very much like Spike’s. Hobbled, in a wheelchair, bathtub with Buffy. I was not comfortable. They were taking me down from total badass to wacky neighbour. If you play a character in Joss’s universe you are frustrated about something."

See you again tomorrow.”

My friend: “Please thank James Marsters.... “

Applause.

(Girl asks for his water bottle off the stage. For her cheek, they give it to her. )

Sunday a Panel with James again and MC Paddy.

Applause. James comes on.

“Anything you guys wanna ask. It’s almost impossible to embarrass me.”

Question: Playing vamp with no soul. How much did you question yourself as an actor. How do you show no soul?

“Cheating. Told by Joss he was a soulless vampire. Metaphor for adolescence. Parents don’t know what their talking about. How do you face all that and not give up? Originally only to be in 10 episodes. I came to LA to whore myself out. I had a baby boy. Well my wife did and I watched. Needed food, healthcare. So I cheated. I played Spike like he had a soul right from the beginning."

“Asked myself, Where’s the love? He loves killing and Drusilla. I took the sting out of dialogue where he teases her. Pumped it with love. More bemused than anything else.

When he then got a soul... Oh no I have no idea what to do now!“

Question from young girl: “Hi James.”

(James deep) “helloooo”.

Question: (shy) “Hello. Oh god, don’t do that to me!” (lots of laughs from audience)

“If someone puts you on TV it becomes so easy to excite people. You know, I’m just some guy...but they put me on the tube and I can just go “Helloooo” and Instead of just slapping me...anyway... what’s up? “

Question: Kissing onscreen being technical? How love/sex scenes are done, Is it difficult to show that deep emotion if you don’t have that actual connection with the other actor or actress?

“Well who’s to say I didn’t have any connection...” (laughs) “Sarah was pretty hot...”

“Wow, um... yes the same applies to love scenes as it does to kisses. In that you’re trying to create a highly artificial image, which is a glamorous image. So, whether that’s just lips and faces, or full bodies, it’s the same issues. So as an actor, when it’s full body you have to hold onto that truth. Climb the mountain and hold onto the inner life, cos the tech aspect is so much greater. The more glamorous the image the harder it is to create. Frustrating cos they are constantly stopping you, saying “no no, the light wasn’t quite catching the right eyelash.....do it again, you know.”

Paddy orders the next two Questioners about.

“You are cruel, but fair” says James.

Paddy: “I’m scottish.” (laughs)

Question: Asking about “Devil you know” as George Burrows. Eddie Izzard and Karen Gillian was also in it. How was it working with them? Online just says he’s a witchhunter, a mysogynist.

“Burroughs is a historic figure. He was cool guy. HBO pilot didn’t get picked up.
you won’t see it so I can tell you anything.., HE WAS A GOD! (laughs)

Salem witch trials. One of the many times people went crazy in the US. He was a very popular minister from the town next door.

Puttnum was jealous of him, so put him to death.

In our pilot they explained to me “You are the one good person in this entire story and you’re going to die horribly, cos that’s what people did back then, I guess.”

“I didn’t get to shoot with Eddie in the pilot, but we were going to come to loggerheads in the show and I was looking forward to that. I did get to have dinner with him and with the rest of the cast, and I was sitting next to him.
I’m such a subversive, I like to stir the pot. We’re both playing ministers, men of god, right, and I know he’s just an avowed atheist...

I had just read this book a year and a half ago, by astrophysicist Bernard Heche “A Purpose-Guided Universe” in which he argues for the existence of a creative intelligence behind the universe on a scientific basis, not on faith.

(James cites lots of science space physics stuff – quotes Carl Sagan)

“It’s a coincidence we exist. Intelligent force. Decided to talk about it with Eddie. We’re playing men of god, let’s talk about that! Made him so uncomfortable. “There’s a god, buddy. Nothing to do with faith, it’s just like...science.”
After a while he just turned away and stropped talking to me. He probably thinks I’m just the weirdest freak in the world. I cannot help myself, I like to challenge people. He was very cool though. Eddie is a super cool dude. I wish that we’d got a chance to act together...yeah.”

Paddy: “If Eddie Izzard says you’re weird, you’re weird.” (laughs)

Question: Indiegogo? A fundraiser...?

Digresses to: “A short film I produced with my wife, called... “Kessie Blue”
10-minute short about a woman who is a Doctor in an insane asylum.

I didn’t act in that, I produced it. I directed one scene. Line producing. I'm happy to do that, cos I used to produce theatre. I’m really in my zone when I’m producing cos you get to tell people what to do and they have to listen to you. (laughs) So, yes, it’s really cool. It’s not out yet because the director, my wife, is a control freak. No, she’s a real artist, so she’s very particular and she’s almost done and you’ll be able to see it.”

Question: On Buffy and Angel you worked with Joss Whedon, which other of his projects would you have liked to have worked on?

“Problem is, to quote John Lennon “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” I would work with Joss again in a second.”

That’s all. My friend had to leave at that point.

Before my friend left at the end of the weekend my mate grassed me up by telling JM that I often refer to James as "Wee Jimmy" to which he replied Oh god, I haven't answered to that since I was ten! :D

~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015   Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015 Icon_minitimeJeu 12 Nov - 9:35

Je pense que quand il parle de sa fille, il parle en réalité de sa nièce dont il est le tuteur légal et qu'il a adopté il y a une dizaine d'années si je ne me trompe pas ! (je crois que sa sœur ou son frère est décédé et qu'il a repris les droits parentaux, mais ce n'est qu'une supposition de ma part, je ne me souviens plus de ce que j'avais lu sur le sujet). Du coup, techniquement il n'a qu'un fils, mais ce qu'il appelle sa fille doit être sa fille de cœur je pense... Elle est adolescente actuellement, donc je suppose qu'elle devait être très petite quand elle est venue vivre avec lui, donc c'est compréhensible que ce type de lien se soit développé.

Merci pour le partage sinon ! :-) Sympa le passage en gras, en effet ! ^^

~ Sens Critique ~ Tumblr ~
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://misskittyspuffy.tumblr.com/
benesmg
Seeing you
Seeing you
benesmg

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015   Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015 Icon_minitimeJeu 12 Nov - 9:38

Je l'ignorais, en effet ça doit être ça: ce serait naturel de voir un lien fort s'établir dans ce genre de situation.

MessageSujet: Re: Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015   Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015 Icon_minitime

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Brighton Film & Comic Con 2015
Page 1 sur 1