Spuffy & Cangel Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Spuffy & Cangel Forum

Pour tous les fans du couple Buffy/Spike (mais aussi Cordy/Angel), ainsi que tous les fans de BTVS et ATS, ce forum est fait pour vous.

AccueilAccueil  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

The top 10 Whedon Heroes

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

The top 10 Whedon Heroes Empty
MessageSujet: The top 10 Whedon Heroes   The top 10 Whedon Heroes Icon_minitimeDim 21 Fév - 15:04

Un petit top 10 des héros des séries de Joss :

Citation :
Joss Whedon is known for creating dynamic, multi-layered, tragically-flawed heroes who operate within some of the best character arcs ever. Since the TV schedule has slowed down due to the Olympics, Newicue has polled its contributors and compiled a list of the best of the best in this category. It was really hard to narrow down our search for the best hero in the Whedonverse, but in the end the following characters stood atop the mountain of their fallen brothers.

SPOILERS AHEAD

First, let us start with our runner up.

Andrew is a quintessential Joss character. The way he’s written epitomizes the Whedon style. Every time he’s on-screen he steals the scene. Starting off as a villain, I dont think anyone could have anticipated the awkward charm that Tom Lenk would bring to this geeky wannabe Scooby. The character seemed to fill the “Xander” void, when Xander himself became more of a yoda-like sage of the team in Seasons 6 and 7. Andrew is funny and quirky and unpredictable. Some of his most poignant character moments in the final season happen because of Andrew’s inclusion in the group. He really saves the final season from its monologues and messages. I love the episode where he gets behind the camera (on camera) and shoots a slayer documentary. His “Tales of the Vampyre” is a classic lead-in. Tom Lenk is one of those actors who just makes you smile, and Andrew does just that whenever he is on screen. The only reason Andrew missed this list is that he’s less a hero, and more a plucky sidekick who’ll probably die well before his time.

#10 Spike

I was a little skeptical when I was asked to write about Spike in the “Hero” category. When I think of him, the first words that come to mind are “sexy” and “hilarious,” and maybe “loving.” But it’s just that – the love that makes him a hero. We get glimpses of this in Season 2, with his jealousy over Drusilla, culminating in him saving Giles so that he can get his loved one back. So sweet. And sure, he sacrificed himself to save the world, and that was very heroic, but then again, who hasn’t ? Plus, he got to come back – first as a ghost, then as a vampire – so it wasn’t that huge a sacrifice, after all. IMHO Spike’s most heroic moment comes before that, when he does the one thing that Angel never managed to do : he gets himself a soul. No vampire wants a soul… a conscience constantly nagging you, making you feel guilty, making you sacrifice things for other people. Angel has his soul forced on him, time and time again. Not Spike. He loves Buffy so much – even as a soulless vampire – that he chooses to go through hell to get his soul back… and then continues living in hell because, with a soul, he must feel pain for all of the pain he caused in others. That makes him a true hero.

#9 Wash

Every ship needs a pilot, and there is no one better suited to the job than Hoban Washburne, better known as Wash. Wash is the Heart & Soul of the Firefly team. Always caring and level-headed, Wash takes it upon himself to make sure that none of his crewmates lose themselves in the dirty business in which they partake. And that is no easy task ! Alan Tudyk is a master of creating comedic yet heartfelt moments. Who can forget his first scene, sitting in the cockpit playing with his dinosaurs ? ”Yes… yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it… This Land.” Wash really feels like the glue that holds the group together. He plays so well off his more aggressive wife Zoe. He always comes through for the team and his death in Serenity truly fractures the group in its time of need. You can really feel that the loss of their beloved pilot leaves the team with no direction or will. Wash is one of those amazing men who can bring levity to a dire situation. At times he seems like the weak link, but even under immense torture he does not crack. “I am a leaf on the wind. See how I soar !”

#8 River

River is a true Joss Badass. In fact, she’s badass enough to take Buffy’s spot on this list as a kick-ass female lead. However, if Serenity had not been made, River definitely wouldn’t have made the list at all. Through the Firefly series, Summer Glau grew into her character, and there were glimpses of River’s true potential. But it wasn’t until the movie, Serenity, that the true potential of the character was realized. River Tam is nearly invincible as a programmed psychic fighting machine. There are few scenes in any movie ever that rival that in which River destroys an entire clan of Reavers with just her crazy fighting moves and a giant axe. River has a dynamic and layered backstory that is pivotal to the entire universe that Whedon created in Firefly. But more than that the dynamic between River and her brother, Simon brings a lot of heart to the series. It gives his character meaning, and at time gives the whole show direction as he plans a hospital heist to diagnose the reason for River’s psychotic breaks. But in the end, let’s face it, Nothing in the ‘verse can stop her !

#7 Giles

Giles’ role as Watcher might lead one to the erroneous assumption that Giles does no more than watch. This is true especially in the first seasons, when he mainly sticks to the library to “consult his books” and “look stuff up,” but he increasingly plays a more active role in saving the world. One of his finest moments comes from the Season 5 finale, when he smothers a human being, Ben, because Ben shares his body with the god Glory. Giles knows that Buffy won’t kill him because he’s human. But Glory must be prevented from returning, so he does what needs to be done. In the Season 4 final battle, he plays a pivotal role as the brain that helps defeat Adam. He also plays a paternal role, mostly to Buffy, but to each of the Scoobies as well, since none of them have very present parents. He helps Buffy out emotionally, financially, and physically. She struggles to get by without him. To complete this role as father-figure, he sleeps with her mom. Twice. On the hood of a police car. In Season 6 he tries to help Willow realize that her magic is spinning out of control. Unfortunately, by then his “children” have all grown up, and his words “you rank, arrogant amateur” have little effect on her. But when Willow finally realizes her mistakes, it’s Giles she turns to for healing. And like all parents who must watch their children grow and leave, he notices that Buffy has become too dependent on him, and he leaves so she can learn to stand on her own. But don’t worry, he comes back to save the world. Again.

#6 Jayne

Jayne Cobb. Probably one of the strongest, most solid characters in the Joss-verse, let alone Firefly and Serenity– the result of soul exposing Whedon’s mindscape and wit brought to perfect life by Adam Baldwin’s superhuman ability to play a man totally in control of being out of control. Confident even in his lack of confidence. Endearingly offensive. Brilliantly stupid. Who could ever forget the scene where Serenity is being taken over – cut to ever-ready-for-bloody-action Jayne, ripping down the curtain that hides his arsenal of weapons… so he can use it for blanket as he rolls over in bed. Or how ’bout the time everyone’s about to be attacked by an unending horde of flesh-eating crazies that has Zoë asking him if any of them will make it out alive ? “Well… I might,” he replies with a sympathetic shrug. This impressively human mix is pushed just far enough to let us digest, laugh and enjoy it at a distance without feeling the risk of having our own shortcomings pointed out. When it’s all said and done, it really is his weaknesses, shortcomings and failings that so strengthen the very same qualities they’re unable to tarnish. In the end, it really is “funny ‘cause it’s true,” and Joss’s ability to present weaknesses as strengths inspires us all to stop apologizing for ourselves and let it all hang out. Jayne Cobb is the greedy well-intentioned burly meat head (we can’t help but love) in all of us, God bless him.

#5 Angel

A vampire with a soul, fighting the good fight, saving the world time after time, what could be dreamier. Angel is the epitome of the Hero Vampire. The greatest of his kind. He makes others (Edward from Twilight) look like whiny, selfish, prats. Broody by day and superhero by night, Angel fights the good fight as he struggles for redemption for all of the evils he committed as Angelus. From his relationship with Buffy, to leading a team of do-gooders in his own spinoff show, Angel is the single greatest good guy vampire ever. He doesn’t waste his special vampire skills, always trying to right the wrongs of the world. David Boreanaz is charming and lovable (Especially in puppet form). The most endearing aspect of the character is that, despite being alive for hundreds of years, he is still struggling with his own humanity and relationships. No matter how much you might like Buffy and Spike, or Buffy and Riley (God Forbid !), When Angel and Buffy share the same space on a show the heart starts a fluttering. He brings a sense of stability and hope to both Buffy and Angel, and really is a highlight of whatever show he is gracing.

#4 Mal

The darkly hysterical, always and never in control Captain Malcom Reynolds is the bedrock on which the show Firefly, and movie Serenity, rests. Nathan Fillion commands a scene like no other. With the charm of a young Harrison Ford, Fillion creates the greatest Space Pirate of our generation. Married to his spaceship, Serenity, Mal trusts only himself, the ship, and his crew. As Inara puts it best while talking to Simon : “You’re lost in the woods. We all are. Even the captain. The only difference is he likes it that way.” To which Mal responds, “No, the only difference is the woods are the only place I can see a clear path.” It’s when Mal is seemingly out of options that he proves his worth and is truly in his element. A smuggler and a philanthropist, though sometimes unwillingly, Mal does his job and does it well. But don’t cross him. He will not hesitate to kick you into a jet turbine if you don’t do what he asks. But he only kills according to his own moral code, as he tells Simon, “If I ever kill you, you’ll be awake. You’ll be facing me. And you’ll be armed.”

#3 Anya

From the moment Anya steps on the scene in The Wish, I was captivated by the idea of a demon whose sole purpose is to punish men for their indiscretions. As the series progresses and she is forced to become human, she struggles with her mortality, and in doing so exposes all of our questions about our own mortality in a very direct way. When Buffy’s mom dies and Anya can’t figure out why, it expresses all of our feelings towards death, and shows us that we can all cope with feelings of loss in different ways. As she becomes a central part of the team, Anya’s quest for redemption offers a new take on a familiar theme. Her character brings levity to dark situations, and gravity to difficult moments. In the end, Anya proves she is truly good and that her love for her friends means more to her than the immortality she lost. And let’s give some credit here to Xander who, through their relationship, guides her on this path to self discovery. In the last episode, her death hits harder than most deaths in the Whedon verse, as we know that it will be a lasting one.

#2 Illyria

The emergence of Illyria onto the scene in the final season of Angel is a tragic one. Fred is a beloved character, pure and sweet and trustworthy. She saves the group in Pilea, and wins the hearts of both Gunn and Wes. When she is killed by Illyria so that her shell can be used by this god to take over the world, it seems unjust and devastating. But it’s the remnants of Fred’s heart and soul that make Illyria the hero she proves to be. “I play this game. It is pointless, and annoys me. Yet I am compelled to keep playing.” Illyria is pure power ! She can bend reality to her will, move mountains, and she loves to show off. If I were trying to take down the evils of hell and earth I would choose Illyria to be on my team before anyone else. Plus blue hair and leather. She looks so goddamn cool ! Let’s give Acker some credit in being able to pull off both Fred and Illyria. Her acting range proved to be the deepest in the Joss Whedon shows. It’s in Wes’ last moments, in the series finale, when we really find out that Illyria is on the side of our heroes, when she compassionately takes on the form of Fred to console the dying Wesley, asking, “Would you like me to lie to you now ?” and then confirming Fred’s love for Wes – “We’ll be together.” “I love you. My love. Oh, my love.” In being as awesome of a hero as she is, Illyria is the one character I would love to see in her own spinoff.

#1 Wes

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce is the single greatest character arc of all time. From the useless bumbling watcher on Buffy he transforms into a Batmaneque superhero on Angel capable of taking on the most dangerous of foes. Wes makes some questionable choices for the right reasons, and usually pays high prices for them. He locked his girlfriend in a friggin’ closet to “pump” her for information at one point. He stole Angel’s newborn child because he thought Angel was going to kill him – and paid for that with a slit throat and the (albeit temporary) loss of his friends. As he delves deeper into the depths of his soul to find his place in the world of champions, Wes becomes the darkest and greatest champion of them all, despite his apparent lack of skill. His intellect is his greatest weapon, but in time he is no slouch on the battlefield – whether carrying an axe or a flamethrower. Not afraid to carry a gun, Wes always makes the hard choices for the good of the group. No one could have expected Wes to become the great hero he became, and his amazing transformation gives him the top spot on this list.

SOURCE : Classement par Whedon.Info

~ Sens Critique ~ Tumblr ~
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://misskittyspuffy.tumblr.com/
Ludo
Everyone's Waiting
Everyone's Waiting
Ludo

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: The top 10 Whedon Heroes   The top 10 Whedon Heroes Icon_minitimeDim 21 Fév - 15:51

Ils entendent quoi par "héro"? Parce que je suis assez étonné de ne pas y retrouver Buffy, ou même Cordy... Merci quand même d'avoir posté ce classement ^^
Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: The top 10 Whedon Heroes   The top 10 Whedon Heroes Icon_minitimeDim 21 Fév - 16:13

Je ne sais pas non plus, j'ai pas bien compris franchement The top 10 Whedon Heroes 598110 Surtout de voir Anya ou Wes aussi hauts par rapport à Angel ou Spike, c'est assez consternant. Donc je sais pas trop...

~ Sens Critique ~ Tumblr ~
http://misskittyspuffy.tumblr.com/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The top 10 Whedon Heroes   The top 10 Whedon Heroes Icon_minitime

The top 10 Whedon Heroes
Page 1 sur 1