Spuffy & Cangel Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Spuffy & Cangel Forum

Pour tous les fans du couple Buffy/Spike (mais aussi Cordy/Angel), ainsi que tous les fans de BTVS et ATS, ce forum est fait pour vous.

AccueilAccueil  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]

+2
Ludo
Miss Kitty
6 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juil - 19:16

Une autre interview en 3 parties :

Citation :
Marti the Vampire Producer - Part One
BUFFY producer Marti Noxon weighs in on widescreen formatting, Spike the neutered vampire, and more

By Arnold T. Blumberg and Anthony C. Ferrante March 07, 2002

Producer/writer Marti Noxon promotes BUFFY at the fall 2001 TCA press gathering.
© 2001 Sue Schneider

As fans certainly know, BUFFY and ANGEL have always been two series focused on pushing the boundaries in genre entertainment. Now they're exploring the uncharted waters of widescreen broadcasting, but producer Marti Noxon insists that this is still only for "special occasions."

"It can be a tricky adjustment technically for directors to use the space correctly," says Noxon. "Most directors are used to shooting regular format, and we wanted to make sure if we did it, it would look right. So we're going to reserve it for special episodes. Maybe the finale or something like that. We may go full time at some point."

Noxon does however have reservations about the switch to the theatrical format.

James Marsters arrives at the "Once More' BUFFY premiere event.

© 2001 Sue Schneider

"The only argument I ever have against it is if someone at home has a normal television, it makes the picture awfully small," says Noxon. "To my mind it squeezes things oddly, and I always wonder about that. If you have a great big TV it's great. TV is our businesswe all have really big TVs, and you forget that a lot people are watching on little dinky ones. We are fighting for the rights of the dinky TV people."

Even those dinky TV people have become enthralled by the development of Slayer antagonist turned lover Spike. Noxon credits much of this growth to actor James Marsters, who regularly dons the leather jacket and, occasionally, fangs.

"James is a remarkable actor and a remarkable presence, and he made that known as soon as he started playing Spike that there was something really unique and charismatic about him," says Noxon. "Then when we brought him back, I don't know that we ever thought he would advance to being Buffy's... whatever he is. But there was a knowledge that we had an actor and a character that had a tremendous amount of appeal, and we didn't want to throw that away. So a lot of it is attributed to James' magnetism. Lightning had struck."

But how do you take a murderous Slayer-killer like Spike and make him part of the family? The answer came in the form of a tiny computer chip installed by the Initiative in Season 4 that inhibits Spike's ability to attack Buffy or any other humans.

Don't count on romance when Spike and Buffy sing to each other in "Once More With Feeling."

© 2001 UPN

"We just thought, how can we make him part of the gang," says Noxon. "We didn't want to make him the big bad arch-villain because we had already done that and we really wanted to integrate him into the Scooby Gang. So Joss' feeling was to make him a reluctant helper. The genius of Joss' idea was he could still fight demons, so he could still have teeth. And he could still be expressive towards a darker side of his character and be violent."

Noxon also acknowledges that Spike's transition temporarily took him out of Coolsville.

"I knew when we put him in the Hawaiian shirt and he was going through his depression that we were definitely playing with the idea of him feeling ineffectual," says Noxon. "But we always planned to cool him up again. He found his center again."

If Marsters is responsible for much of what made Spike so special, how much of the other actors are visible in the roles they've helped to shape?

"Their personalities definitely come through," says Noxon. "Although I will say James is very different than the character. He is a very gentle soul, a warm funny guy. James just inhabits Spike so well that I have a creative relationship with that character as do all the writers on the show. I do think he brings a lot of his own personality to the character."

The BUFFY cast is looking pretty nervous about all that singing and dancing they have to do in "Once More With Feeling."

© 2001 UPN

Noxon is also responsible for shaping the rather risqu� relationship between the Slayer and her new vampire squeeze.

"My mom called me and said I knew it was your [writing] in the first scene because it was dirty (laughs). We do have standards and practices. They don't have a separate department at the UPN, they caution us on things, but they aren't so worried about language. It's definitely one for the grown-ups. We've gotten cautioned a lot more this year on BUFFY than almost anything else. [Spike and Buffy's relationship has a] feeling of violence to it that is a little more dangerous. It's not as romantic as the relationship[s] of the past, to put it lightly."

However, Noxon cautions that this kind of sexuality isn't anything new to BUFFY, especially during the early years when Angel and Buffy were crossing this very same line on a weekly basis as well.

"We've done stuff where there's all naked backs and scratches and little corners of things," says Noxon. "And somehow it's the idea that people freak out about it. Yeah, the idea of Buffy and Spike and their sexuality has been pretty dirty. It's unavoidable and given UPN's well-founded reservations, they've been really wonderful. Creatively they have really been on board with the way the show is going and they haven't [been] particularly interested in changing anything we've been doing."

Check back soon for part two of our chat with Marti Noxon.

Citation :
Marti the Vampire Producer Part Two
Marti Noxon, BUFFY producer, chats with CINESCAPE about the show that slayed us all

By Arnold T. Blumberg and Anthony C. Ferrante March 12, 2002

A concerned vampire slayer despite her own problems, in "Wrecked."
© 2001 UPN
Second only to Joss Whedon in the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER creative roster, producer Marti Noxon has a strong influenceand strong feelingsregarding the lives of the Slayer and the other characters on the popular UPN show. Today, CINESCAPE continues its discussion with Noxon.

James Marsters has said that he feels his character Spike is Buffy's "heroin," but Noxon thinks there's more to it than that.

"He is in a way, although there's some genuine affection on both sides," says Noxon. "It's a really tricky situation and where they are going nobody knows."

A concerned vampire slayer despite her own problems, in "Wrecked."

© 2001 UPN

While the show's creator, Joss Whedon, has tried to step back from the series, he hasn't succeeded. Noxon knows why.

"Basically, he is still BUFFY's bitch. He can't get away from the show if he wanted to. He's tried; he gets sucked back in. I have to say he sucks at stepping back. He's stepped [away] from most of the production side. He doesn't do any of the mixes, or he'll take a pass in editing, but aside from that he spends a whole lot less time on the technical [side]. He is still very involved in the story breaking; he just won't walk away."

By contrast, Noxon has seen her influence on the direction of the show increase this year.

"I've had more say in taking stories further so that Joss has to spend less time on that, and that's just wonderful," says Noxon. "It's the hardest part of the process, and to be weaned of our total dependency on him is a really good thing. Hopefully I am getting better at it. But to me that's what separates the wheat from the chaff."

Part of that process involves setting up the season-long story arcs that have made the show such an addictive must-see for fans.

Those three nerds return to plague BUFFY in "Gone."

© 2001 UPN

"We usually end on some kind of cliffhanger and you have a lot of loose ends to tie up and a lot of things to set in motion," says Noxon. "The first episodes are always about finding the show again, finding the voice and your bearings for the characters. Some of it is that we are ramping into storylines that are going to take all season to develop, and then you are in the meat of it."

While Marsters uses a drug metaphor to describe the Buffy/Spike relationship, another character is also struggling with a familiar kind of addiction.

"I do think the Willow/Buffy parallel is the strongest arc of the season," says Noxon. "The fact that they are both using stuff to not be here. Buffy comes out for a different reason than Willow, because of what she has been through, and Willow because of how she feels about herself. The two of them have a real journey to take. To me that's all about being in their twenties. Regardless of the substance you are abusing, the twenties is the time where you are making bargains. 'How much do I have to really step up now? Do I have to work this hard? What are the rewards and the penalties if I only do so much?'"

As before, Xander remains the anchor in this changing Scooby gang even though he recently stunned his love Anya (Emma Caulfield) by jilting her at the alter.

Anthony Head as Jiles, James Marsters as Spike, and Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

© Warner Brothers

"Xander is the solid guy," says Noxon. "We always felt that as rough a time as Xander's gone through, he is the most steady and he knows himself in a way that the others don't."

Ah, but any hints as to where this is going after the recent wedding episode shocker?

"I can't really say," says Noxon. "Except to say that all the things that are percolating right now will continue to develop. But I can't say anything because that would ruin it."

And there are still other threads to explore, including the three nerd "super-villains" who lurk on the sidelines.

"Joss came up with that idea," says Noxon. "Here are people who are basically going to use crime to avoid the responsibility of adulthood. They are short-cut takers. They would rather do a crime and then be able to play the good game then get a regular job. They'd rather do a spell on a girl than have to actually talk to her. To me they're all about taking the passive leap and how that won't go so well either."

Also on the periphery at the moment is Amy (Elizabeth Anne Allen), who spent years as a rat before finally being restored to human form.

"Amy has the potential to become very interesting," says Noxon. "There's something off about her that is really intriguing. She has sort of an Anya quality, having been a rat and a witch and her mom being a witch. We'd love to find more for her to do."

Citation :
Marti the Vampire Producer Part Three
Producer Marti Noxon, of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER fame, discusses Xander, Willow, Spike, and of course Ms. Summers, and what's in store next for Sunnydale's greatest characters

By Arnold T. Blumberg and Anthony C. Ferrante March 15, 2002

BUFFY co-executive producer Marti Noxon with Joss Whedon at the "Once More With Feeling" premiere.
© 2001 Sue Schneider
As the creative boss of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (not including series creator Joss Whedon, of course), producer Marti Noxon is the chief guiding force in the lives of the title character and her fellow residents of Sunnydale. Today, we conclude our chat with Noxon about what lies ahead for BUFFY.

Of course, fans would be thrilled to see their favorite Watcher pop in again from time to time, but Noxon won't commit to anything specific about the beloved and much missed Giles.

BUFFY co-executive producer Marti Noxon with Joss Whedon at the "Once More With Feeling" premiere.

© 2001 Sue Schneider

"I wouldn't be surprised if he popped in sometime," says Noxon. "Any time he is in America, he is welcome to be on the show."

Giles or no Giles, Buffy herself looks set to battle on for at least another season.

"We already have thoughts and ideas but we don't have anything solid yet."

But will Season 7 be Buffy's last stand?

"I don't know," admits Noxon. "We would have said Season 5 was going to be the last season. So never say never. We are having such a good time and I still feel like we are telling stories that are worth telling. And we are still having fun. Not to blow our own horn, but there are certain shows where you feel like the energy and the passion has gone out of them after a certain number of years, and at least from our point of view we don't feel that way."

Keeping the show centered is the series' star, Sarah Michelle Gellar. From her foundation radiates the rest of the cast and the unfolding plot.

Anthony Stewart Head plays Giles the Watcher in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

© 1999 The WB

"We can add characters because we still have a core and that's Sarah," says Noxon. "Sarah and Nicky [Brendon, AKA Xander] and Aly[son Hannigan, Willow]. It was hard to lose Tony, but at the same time, as long as we have that center we can continue to add to the universe. The fact that Sarah has stayed committed and passionate about it makes a huge difference. But when you start to feel like I don't know what this show is about anymore, I just think that's really difficult."

X-FILES allusions aside, Noxon also has praise for Buffy's new home at UPN. The ratings have proven that the viewership is increasing.

"They're great - they have continued to be really wonderful," notes Noxon. She smiles and then adds: "We could have like an all-naked BUFFY and we'd still get that same quota," muses Noxon. "And we get the greatest press in the world, but at the same time we just feel like the people that watch our show [will] watch our show. I think it must be very hard to try and catch up with the show. If you watch an episode, say midseason, and you haven't been watching, you could be missing a lot."

In some ways, Noxon sees this as "clique-ish" TV.

"It's like a clique," she reveals. "If you don't get in, you are going to have a hard time having lunch with us, because we are talking about the stuff you are not up on. I think there are a lot of reasons why it's hard to break out but we may have had a much greater fade on the WB because they certainly would have made a bigger noise about us."

The cast of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.

© 2001 UPN

Noxon is clearly high on the show after all this time, and gives high marks to creator Whedon for maintaining a high level of quality.

"Joss is not one to take the cheap way out," says Noxon. "He is vigilant and he believes in this universe that he has created in a really passionate way. It's wonderful to work with and learn from someone like that. This is the first show I've ever worked on full-time. I am so spoiled. We are extremely lucky, we have a bit of a saloon going on over here. We have a bunch of people who genuinely like each other and are all on the same vibe. It's remarkable. Between the people here and at ANGEL, we are truly lucky. Joss has fostered a lot of that creativity because he brought music and Shakespeare into this world, and we spend a lot of time not working on the show together doing other fun things."

But will Noxon helm any episodes for the remainder of the season? The executive producer reveals "probably not."

"I have so many other responsibilities this year that it would be very hard for me to take that time," says Noxon. "When you direct an episode, you are basically out for 16 days because you direct for eight days or more. Sometimes you have to do pick-ups and then there's days of prep and scouting and all that stuff. We just could afford for myself and Joss to not be around for that kind of time. He is out directing ANGEL this week and he's been out of town more often. It was too bad because I really enjoyed it but I will get back to it."

With BUFFY still going strong, ANGEL building its own mythology and a bright future ahead for the one and only Slayer, Noxon may have to wait for that chance at the director's chair, but considering how much fun she's having, she may not mind at all.

(Merci à Hayes, TimeTravellingBunny et ubi4soft sur BuffyForums pour les liens ♥)

~ Sens Critique ~ Tumblr ~
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://misskittyspuffy.tumblr.com/
Stupid-Hair
Brighter than fire
Brighter than fire
Stupid-Hair

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juil - 20:06

Je n'ai pas tout lu, mais je tiens à dire que je n'ai jamais compris toute la haine à son égard. Bon ok je suis un peu biaisée vu que la saison 6 est ma préférée mais même, il faut être drôlement mal informé pour penser qu'une seule personne gère absolument tout. D'ailleurs, Joss est derrière la plupart des grandes décisions qui ont fait polémique. Franchement je la trouve géniale, elle n'a pas peur de dire ce qu'elle pense et se fiche bien de suivre les désirs des fans, elle fait son truc et si on n'est pas contents on va se faire voir. Razz
Prune
Kiss the Librarian
Kiss the Librarian
Prune

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juil - 23:11

Perso, c'est de très loin la scénariste de BtvS que j'aime le moins (ce qui est paradoxal dans le sens où la saison 6 est ma préférée, mais bref lol! ).
Je trouve ses scripts souvent mélos, moralisateurs et manichéens. En outre, l'épisode Beauty and Beasts est clairement à mes yeux un épisode sexiste, qui compare une prétendue essence féminine à une prétendue essence masculine, ce qui me dérange et avec quoi je suis en profond désaccord. J'ai à vrai dire toujours été étonnée et déçue que Whedon ait laissé passé ça.
J'ai d'ailleurs été également étonnée de la récurrence avec laquelle je trouvais ses scénarios mauvais lors de mon dernier revisionnage intégral de la série. Le seul qui passe sur le fond dans mon souvenir est peut-être New Moon Rising.

Ludo
Everyone's Waiting
Everyone's Waiting
Ludo

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juil - 23:49

A côté, elle a quand même écrit The Wish ou Bargaining, qui sont quand même loin d'être de mauvais épisodes. Je trouve toutes les critiques à son égard un peu dures, surtout envers l'arc de Willow en saison 6 (j'ai l'impression que c'est celui qu'on cite le plus, quand il s'agit de Noxon) ; la métaphore n'est certes pas d'une grande subtilité, mais l'arc me semble suffisamment bien relié à Willow et son évolution pour être plutôt intéressant.
Après, ce n'est pas non plus la scénariste que je préfère.
Prune
Kiss the Librarian
Kiss the Librarian
Prune

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juil - 0:38

Je pinaille : Bargaining est co-écrit avec Fury^^ Cela dit, je trouve effectivement qu'il s'agit d'un bon épisode, son meilleur de loin à vrai dire. J'avais oublié qu'elle y avait participé.
Quant à The Wish, les idées et les péripéties (que j'imagine plutôt scénarisées collectivement pour un épisode de cette envergure) sont bonnes, mais j'ai toujours trouvé que l'écriture en elle-même laissait à désirer.
Concernant Willow en saison 6, je n'ai aucun problème avec son arc - peut-être un peu cela dit avec l'épisode où elle cause un accident en présence de Dawn, qui est teeeeellement donneur de leçon et moralisateur... je suis désolée, ce n'est pas parce qu'on est accro à quoi que ce soit qu'on est forcément méchant avec sa gamine d'adoption et qu'on lui fait se casser un bras ; certes le comportement de Willow est irresponsable, et il est normal que ce soit pointé, mais je ne vois pas de bienfondé dans le fait de la rendre en plus méchante, si ce n'est la morale à deux balles.
Non, ce n'est pas tant l'arc de Willow qui me gêne en saison 6 que l'arc de Dark!Willow en toute fin de saison qui, il me semble, est très aimé de la fanbase en général. Sur le papier, je n'ai aucun problème avec cet arc. Je trouve l'idée que le Big Bad soit un "gentil" très bonne et parfaitement en accord avec les thèmes de la saison. Je trouve l'idée d'une Willow qui veut détruire le monde par altruisme, pour que les gens arrêtent de souffrir, particulièrement excellente.
En revanche, je trouve le duo d'épisodes qui clôt la saison kitsch, mélodramatique à outrance et parfois particulièrement mal écrit.

Stupid-Hair
Brighter than fire
Brighter than fire
Stupid-Hair

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juil - 8:41

Je suis d'accord quant aux derniers épisodes de la saison 6 qui ont souvent des répliques très cheesy.
Je rejoins l'opinion générale du fandom quant à l'arc magie=drogue, mais au fond il ne dure pas très longtemps et on revient plus sur la notion de pouvoir qui est dix fois plus intéressante.
Après jz trouve qu'elle fait généralement du très bon boulot : on a The Wish, Bargaining, New Moon Rising, Bring on the Night, Forever, IOHEFY, Into the Woods, Villains , et j'en passe.
Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 28 Juil - 9:14

Beauty and Beasts n'était clairement pas son meilleur épisode, c'est bien vrai.

Que l'on critique son travail, c'est plus naturel, on est des fans de la série, et on est aussi là pour donner notre opinion sur l'histoire et la manière dont elle est écrite. Mais qu'on la critique, *elle*, et qu'on la déteste, *elle*... Elle a dû essuyer des critiques pas très sympas si je me souviens bien. En tant que personne (enfin de ce que je sais d'elle), je l'aime bien personnellement.

Je n'avais jamais vraiment eu de problème avec l'arc de Willow non plus, jusqu'à ce qu'on me fasse remarquer que l'aspect dépendance physique n'était pas nécessairemment utile, là où la dépendance psychologique avait été exploitée tout au long de la série avec plus de force, et avait des aspects beaucoup plus intéressant à creuser ; et c'est vrai qu'avec le recul, je me dis qu'ils auraient pu faire quelque chose de différent et plus subtil.

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 25 Aoû - 12:03

Marti Noxon va développer une nouvelle série tournant autour du divorce, pour la chaîne "Showtime" ^^

Citation :
'Buffy's' Marti Noxon Developing Divorce Comedy for Showtime

She'll write and exec produce the project with Dawn Olmstead, Meryl Poster and Vicki Iovine attached as executive producers.

Showtime is turning to Marti Noxon for laughs.

The premium cable network is in talks to develop a semi-autobiographical half-hour divorce comedy from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer executive producer. Guide to Divorce is about the relief, the emotional minefield, freedom, familial complications and sexual exploration that come with divorce after a long-term relationship. The story will be told from the perspective of four women in their 40s.

The move comes as Showtime entertainment chief David Nevins looks to push further into the comedy space. If ultimately ordered to series, Divorce would join such efforts as House of Lies and Episodes on the network's schedule.

Noxon, best known for such series as Mad Men, Grey's Anatomy and Glee, is set to write and executive produce the project through her Luckypants shingle, with Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break), Meryl Poster (Chicago, The Cider House Rules) and Vicki Iovine (author of The Girlfriends' Guides book series) attached as executive producers.

WME-repped Noxon also is attached to Syfy's Proof, a sci-fi drama centering on a tech genius who offers a reward for anyone who can find proof of life after death following his parents' deaths. She'll co-write the project, which the network has given a put-pilot commitment, alongside feature filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan. She is currently writing Glass Castle for Summit, with Jennifer Lawrence set to star, and Tink, starring Elizabeth Banks, for Disney.

Meanwhile, Showtime is bidding farewell to two other female-centered comedies in its portfolio. Mary-Louise Parker starrer Weeds will wrap its eight-season run in September, while The Big C with Laura Linney will conclude after four hourlong episodes next year.

Semi-autobiographical material continues to be a hot trend on the small screen. Accidentally on Purpose producer Andrea Abbate sold a comedy project to ABC this week based on her dysfunctional family. Fox, meanwhile, is preparing to launch Ben and Kate, a buzzy comedy loosely based on showrunner Dana Fox's brother. The half-hour, starring Nat Faxon and Dakota Johnson, centers on a single woman who gets an assist from her idiot brother as she raises her young daughter. Midseason, ABC will roll out How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, which is based on the life of showrunner Claudia Lonow.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/buffy-marti-noxon-showtime-divorce-comedy-365311

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 7 Sep - 16:29

Si vous souhaitez suivre Marti Noxon sur Twitter :

D'ailleurs, sa photo de profil :

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 9v3nh210

Spoiler:

Ca va, elle s'emmerde pas lol!

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 23 Oct - 20:02

Marti Noxon va travailler sur un nouveau PIXAR ! ^^

Citation :
‘Buffy’ & ’Mad Men’ Writer Marti Noxon Joins Pixar To Work On New Project

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 20_mar10

Today at the Austin Film Festival during a panel on Pixar (and writing), Mary Coleman, a senior development executive at the company, announced that Marti Noxon, a former writer for “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Mad Men,” had joined the company on an unspecified project. This is a major development for the notoriously close-knit company, and should at least calm the jangled nerves of animation fans who were surprised and upset by a recent high-profile dismissal.

Last year, the company made waves by dismissing Brenda Chapman, a hugely admired animation vet who had previously directed “The Prince of Egypt” for DreamWorks Animation, from her very personal project “Brave.” They replaced her with story artist (and “John Carter” co-writer) Mark Andrews, first claiming that she had remained at the company in an advisory role (she was at one point part of the vaulted Pixar Brain Trust, the company’s governing creative body), but later revealing that she had left for a position at LucasFilm Animation.

The hiring of Noxon, a true creative visionary who is able to oscillate between fantastical material like ‘Buffy’ and more grounded hour-longs like “Grey’s Anatomy,” should, at least temporarily, shutter the outcry against Pixar’s detractors about the studio’s supposed glass ceiling (and put some ointment on that Brenda Chapman burn).

We had heard that Disney was really happy with Noxon’s script for last year’s grossly underrated “Fright Night” remake (developed with DreamWorks), and that she provided some much-needed 11th hour script work on “I Am Number Four,” which at the time was supposed to be the start to a “Twilight”-style YA franchise. While she’s never worked in animation before, her sensibilities fit the form quite nicely.

The project that Noxon was hired for, however, has yet to be revealed. We haven’t heard what the feature is, but we can easily see Noxon becoming a part of the Pixar fold, much like Michael Arndt, initially hired to be at the studio six months out of the year (and able to work elsewhere for the other six months), who became a full-time member of the team and the only writer on the Brain Trust.

This is very exciting news, indeed, and we’ll update you whenever we learn more.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/former-buffy-mad-men-writer-marti-noxon-joins-pixar-to-work-on-new-project-20121019

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 13 Juin - 12:50

Marti va écrire pour "Tomb Raider" :

Citation :
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Marti Noxon writing 'Tomb Raider'

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer writer and producer has been hired by MGM and GK Films for the video game movie reboot, reports Variety.

Details of the film remain under wraps, so it is unclear whether it will follow the lead of Square Enix's successful 2013 reboot, which focused on the earliest adventures of Lara Croft.

Angelina Jolie starred in 2001's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and its 2003 sequel The Cradle of Life.

In television, Noxon has also written episodes of Mad Men, Glee and Angel.

Her film credits include I Am Number Four and the 2011 Fright Night remake. She is also working on a secret Pixar project.

Watch a gameplay demonstration for Tomb Raider below:

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 15 Oct - 22:06

+ Has A New Producer Ruined Your Favorite TV Show? That's Nothing New +

http://io9.com/has-a-new-producer-ruined-your-favorite-tv-show-thats-1646275078

C'est pas bien glorieux, mais Marti est reprise.

J'avais jamais remarqué la bio de son twitter : https://twitter.com/martinoxon

Citation :
I ruined Buffy and I will RUIN YOU TOO.

Laughing

Citation :
Marti Noxon

Jumping way ahead here — if you can think of a notable example of a TV producer facing a backlash in the 1990s, feel free to share it below. Marti Noxon was one of the most prolific (and respected) writers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and then she took over more showrunner duties when creator Joss Whedon was busy with Angel, Firefly and other stuff.

You could argue that after killing off Buffy in the previous season, the show had to explore the fall-out from bringing her back. And that seems to be a creative decision that came from Whedon himself — the show's greater focus on edgy, upsetting storytelling does seem to fit with Whedon's tendency to push the darkness as far as it will go. (Especially in the wake of his later role in creating Dollhouse.)

And yet, it remains the case that Noxon visibly took the reins of the show right around the time it took a controversial turn, creatively.

And the fans went after her pretty intensely — if you were reading Buffy fan boards around the time that season six was airing, you would have seen a huge outpouring of hate for Noxon. It got to the point where Whedon himself went on the Bronze messageboard and wrote:

Citation :
Dis not th' Nox. Say not that I'm not into it, Marti's not getting it done, anything of that sort... Fact is, I'm in this show up to my neck always. Same With Angel and yup, Firefly too. And I've read that I've blown off one for the other — He's over Buffy, Firefly is just a contractual obligation, he didn't even CREATE the Rockford Files, why's he taking credit for it... I've heard it all. And it ain't necessarily so. Marti (She of the great brain and great beauty) and I shaped this year very carefully, and while we made mistakes (as we do every year), we made our show. We explored what we wanted to, said what we meant. You don't have to like it, but don't think it comes from neglect. That would give me hurty feelings.

Noxon herself has maintained a sense of humor on the subject — her Twitter bio, to this day, reads "I ruined Buffy and I will RUIN YOU TOO."

There's a pretty great run-down of Noxon's influence on Buffy and the fan backlash she faced in Slayage. On the one hand, Noxon has a clear penchant for melodrama and relationship drama in particular — but on the other, her vision was clearly a key ingredient of Buffy, from season two onwards. They conclude:

Citation :
Marti Noxon provides a great deal of the show's "emotional heart." Though Joss Whedon is its soul and its emotional center since the series is his vision, Noxon is concerned with its heart and all that implies. She is at her best when working with the aspects of life that break your heart. So why has she drawn so much ire? The answer will likely always elude us, but one thing is for sure Buffy the Vampire Slayer would not have been the same without her.
And here's a piece at Feministe that makes a strong argument that a lot of the anti-Marti Noxon backlash was specifically gender-based, and if Whedon had named a man as the new showrunner, fans wouldn't have been so quick to pin the blame for creative decisions on that person instead of Whedon.

So what's changed from the Fred Freiberger era to the Marti Noxon era (and on, into our current era of fan backlashes?) The response seems to be much quicker than in the past, — where once fans would blame particular creators after a show had already gone off the air, by the late 1980s, the fans were responding to creative changes almost in real-time. Even before the Web came along, fans were becoming more organized and more highly attuned to behind-the-scenes shifts. Which means this isn't just an internet phenomenon, and it's deeply ingrained in fan culture at this point. But also, creators are much more responsive than they've ever been — witness Whedon himself going on fan message boards to defend Noxon.

Ludo
Everyone's Waiting
Everyone's Waiting
Ludo

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Oct - 11:18

Autant je comprends qu'on critique son travail de scénariste, autant je trouve qu'elle a fait du vrai bon boulot en tant que co-showrunner sur la saison 6 : elle n'a rien "ruiné", faut qu'ils se calment Laughing
Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Oct - 20:18

Bah ouais, carrément ! La saison 6 est ma préférée en plus, donc je me sens un peu ovni quand je vois des remarques du genre Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 81421

ladyM
Undeniable Shippeur
Undeniable Shippeur
ladyM

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Oct - 22:58

le gros problème de la saison 6 pour certains c'est la sexualité qui se dégage. pour moi aussi la 6 est ma préférée

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 26 Mai - 14:46

Marti Noxon est la créatrice d'une nouvelle série qui sera prochainement sur les écrans (juin 2015), "UnREAL". Cette série, d'un format de 42 mn par épisode, portera sur l'histoire d'un personnage appelé Rachel Goldberg (interprétée par Shiri Appleby), qui est la jeune membre d'un populaire jeu télé-réalité sur des rencontres amoureuses. Sa seule tâche au sein du jeu est de manipuler les autres candidats afin d'obtenir des images scandaleuses pour le producteur exigeant de l'émission.

Quelques infos sont données sur la page wikipédia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnREAL

Une soirée de lancement pour la série a été organisée à cette occasion. Quelques photos de Marti en compagnie du cast :

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 47422010 Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 47422510 Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 47422511 Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Martin10

Spoiler:

Plus de photos : http://www.wireimage.com/search/?cc=FRA&language=fr#events?q=marti%20noxon/%5B555006339%5D&ep=1/60/1&s=3
Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 20 Juil - 13:16

Nouvelle interview de Marti Noxon au sujet de la série UnREAL :

Elle a notamment évoqué son temps sur BTVS :

Citation :
As women, as writers, does living in this era of Orange is the New Black, post-Weeds, does it actually feel like a long-in-coming relief to be able to be dirty, despicable and real with women characters you write? Is it just the mood right now, or have you yearned for this for a long time?

Sarah Gertrude Shapiro: My short answer is, fuck yeah.

That’s what I was hoping for. Thank you.

Sarah Gertrude Shapiro: Yes. Fuck yes.

Marti Noxon: My answer is a tiny bit longer because I’ve been doing this for almost 20 years, [but] yes. Fuck yes. I agree. I really had to leave network television, and it’s not an indictment of shows that are popular on network television. The problem is I felt I don’t fit there. The things that I want to say, even the things that I learned on Buffy, they don’t apply there. They don’t want us to be that real. The rule in the room at Buffy was, as much as this is a genre show, the feelings and the journeys have to be really personal and they have to hurt, you know? You have to be able to tell your truth in a way that feels that you’re putting something on the line. For a long time I started to feel like, Wow I’m not allowed to do that anymore. People want me to write the fast style, easy, quickly resolved bullshit. That’s not why I started writing. I was so lucky to get my first break in a world where that wasn’t what we were asked to do. So I started to feel like there was no place for me in television, and I left for a long time. I wrote movies, which was really great and it allowed me more time to be at home with my kids. I wrote a pilot on spec, and it was exactly where I was at that moment. I wasn’t writing to entertain anybody. I was writing to say something that felt real to me about where I was as a woman and as a person in 2000 and whatever, and suddenly, there was a home for that. So fuck yes. It’s about time.

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 16 Mar - 18:37

Nouveau projet pour Marti Noxon !

Citation :
UnREAL co-creator Marti Noxon to make film directing debut with anorexia comedy
BY NOELENE CLARK • @NOELENECLARK

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Gettyi10

Marti Noxon, the prolific TV writer-producer whose credits include UnReal, Glee, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, is turning her creative eye to the silver screen.

Noxon is set to make her feature film debut with To the Bone, a dark comedy inspired by her own experience with anorexia.

Noxon will write and direct, with Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn of Mockingbird Pictures and Karina Miller of Sparkhouse Media producing.

“‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ not only applies to the deeply personal subject matter of To the Bone, but to simply getting a film about people with eating disorders made,” Noxon said in a statement to EW. “Without the brilliant Julie Lynn, Bonnie Curtis, and Karina Miller producing, there’s no way this project would be coming to fruition. I’m thrilled to be making my feature directing debut with this troika of fierce women in my corner.”

In a 2005 interview with The New York Times, Noxon spoke about surviving an eating disorder when she was a teenager. “I had been anorexic for about five years,” she said. “And I was really sick. I probably weighed about 70 pounds.”

Noxon, who created Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce and co-created UnReal, also recently adapted Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel Sharp Objects, which stars Amy Adams and is being shopped to cable and streaming networks. Noxon is also working on a TV adaptation of Sarai Walker’s subversive feminist comedy Dietland.

In addition to her TV career, Noxon’s previous feature film writing credits include screenplays for Fright Night and I Am Number Four.

Variety first reported the news.

Miss Kitty
~ Out of this World ~
~ Out of this World ~
Miss Kitty

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 5 Mai - 22:43

Marti Noxon a perdu son père, Nicolas Noxon, âgé de 79 ans :

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]   Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Marti Noxon [scénariste, productrice]
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2